Monday 3 September 2012

Beyond End Of Summer BBQ A Networking Sizzler

Beyond End Of Summer BBQ A Networking Sizzler | Down News

This article in the Down News summarises a fun networking evening faciliated by the Beyond Programme. I was very priviledged to be asked to be one of the speakers at the event. I was a tiny bit nervous before the event as I knew I would be speaking in front of some well respected business owners and local councillors. I had also decided to take a risk and add an element of fun to the presentation by showing all present how to sign 'Old McDonald had a Farm'. It could have gone down like a lead balloon. Luckily everyone joined in and we had a bit of fun!

For those who have not heard of Beyond, it provides great networking opportunities and business support for small businesses in the Down Council area. Through Beyond I have been able to connect with some great local businesses. I have been able to avail of affordable business support, including much needed advice on accounts and access to a mentor for IT support. I also entered and reached the final in 3 categories of the Beyond Business Awards 2012. I am very proud to be the winner in the Best Use of Social Media and Online Technologies category. The Awards ceremony back in May was marvellous!

It was only sitting down to prepare the presentation that made me realise how much support I have actually gained from Beyond in the past year. I truly appreciate this support and would encourage anyone who has a small business to check out Beyond for great advice and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment